Mp3 Suite Review
eMusic 14 Day Free Trial
Access over 6 million songs!
- Search by title, artist, album, genre
Mp3 Suite - mp3suite.com - is one of several sites that advertise millions of free downloads and then take money for recommending and supporting free P2P file sharing software.
The advertising on mp3suite.com is misleading. Visitors may think they are signing up for a service that offers over 12 million legal music and movie downloads. Instead they are paying for Mp3 Suite to recommend and support free P2P file sharing software.
This brings up several questions:
- Is file sharing legal?
- File sharing in and of itself is legal as long as the files are not copyright protected. What they don't tell you is that a huge majority of P2P network files are copyrighted content and therefore illegal to download.
- The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has taken legal action against more than 30,000 people for downloading and/or sharing copyrighted music.
- Does P2P file sharing software normally cost money?
- No it does not. While mp3suite.com doesn't mention what your paying for on their home page if you dig deeper you'll find that the cost is for their recommendation and support of the free file sharing software.
- Is Mp3 Suite doing anything illegal?
- Is Mp3 Suite misleading visitors?
- We definitely find their site misleading. Visit McAfee Site Advisor for more opinions of the site.